Friday, June 20, 2014

Henry Royce Visser

My friends welcomed their sweet baby BOY into the world on May 17th.  Little baby Henry shares the same birthday as his daddy.  What a great birthday present!





Those adorable side rolls!!!  Henry is not even chubby, either.  What a sweet photo of him and his mama.

Austin and Kylee's home is filled with unique mementos of their life.  Its almost like a museum, each item with a story of its own.  Kylee changes things out often also, so every time I go over there, there is something new to look at.  I love it! Their bookcase wall has always been a favorite of mine.  They must have a couple hundred children's books now. Both of Kylee and Austin's parents saved their childhood books for them, and they also received new books as a shower present.  I LOVE that they will be passing along so much history, in something simple as childhood books. I thought this shot would be a great one to look back on because I can only imagine how many time Henry will go to this book shelf and pick out a book for his parents to read him.  This will be a staple in his life.

Before they knew what they were having, they had decided on two names.  During one of our talks, I had told her that I had heard of a little boy Henry who's nickname was Huck, rather than the more common Hank.  To me, he will be Huck :). I love that one of the books displayed was The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.  Also, we couldn't forget lamby, as he is quickly becoming Huck's little lovey.
I love them so much!! How sweet are they?!






Austin was back at work when I came by to take some pictures.  He came home from lunch to be apart of them.  I love that you can see the paint on his work shorts.  There is nothing like being rocked by daddy!
It is kind of hard to see here, but Huck has a little white patch of hair on the top of his noggin.  It's pretty adorable.


There is something really special about watching two people you love become parents.  My two friends have accepted this new responsibility with so much grace and humility. They are honest and authentic about the good things and the hard things. I am excited to be able to share this parenting journey with them. Love you guys!
 This last one represents the epitome of becoming a new parent.  Let the multi-tasking begin! Holding a sleeping baby and baby's musical lamby in one hand, and pouring a cup of coffee with the other. Once, while visiting our cousins in New York, I nursed an 8 month old William, while riding the subway, standing up.  We were in Brooklyn, the car was crazy packed, standing room only.  I put my back against one of the poles, widened my stance a bit, and made sure my nursing cover was in place.  Sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do!

No comments: