Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Vacation: Rainbow Falls

As I mentioned in the last post, I've been going to Mammoth since I was a little girl, so I've hiked to Devils Postpile and Rainbow Falls before.  I love those mountains.  I love the magnificently huge trees, the wild flowers, and the little streams trickling along the trail.  Hiking that trail always reminds me of all the times I've been there before.  Like the time we made our way down to the bottom of the falls, and I cut my foot on sharp rock in the falls, and a kind man helped clean it out and bandage it up so I could hike back.  Or the sack lunches we packed so we could stay and play in the water for a while.  

Bringing Will and Rich with me this time was special.  Those mountains, the waterfall, that hike....they're apart of me.  And I loved being able to share that with them. 

We all had a really good time, but were pretty tired at the end.  It was about a 4.5 mile, intermediate hike.  There were some really steep hills and exposed roots and rocks that made pushing a double BOB with two kids exceptionally hard.  Everyone pitched in to help :) 






 William did not get the memo that we were on vacation, and woke up every night multiple times.  I needed that coffee!






 I love his hair!!



I laughed when I came across this picture.  Uncle Ken and Wes have the same look on their face!

 Sleepy boy!



 He enjoyed the walk so much he fell asleep for about 45 minutes.












No comments: